[Snort-users] Snort / Pulled Pork Confusion

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Thu Oct 4 18:04:37 EDT 2012

Dumping all the rules into one bucket might be easier in the long run for an
experienced rule operator, but for the new rule operator, it might get a
little confusing.

I know separators were discussed earlier, but development on PP is at a
crawl, or non-existent L

One solution for those that use the -k switch would be for Sourcefire to
prepend 'vrt-' to the distributed *.rules in the official distributed rule
tarball, and change the snort.conf to reflect the 'vrt-*.rule'. At least
that way, what you see in the official distributed rule tarball, is what you
are seeing in the rules folder after using the -k switch in PP.

Kindest regards,

Michael...