[Snort-users] Error Barnyard2.conf

AllowOverride allowoverride at ...11827...
Wed Oct 3 11:10:32 EDT 2012

hey hi there firnsy, first of all thanks for all your hard work on
barnyard2, pretty nifty.

ok, if you are referring to output plugins, the only things i have
modified/added in barnyard2.conf are:

	i just added correct path for my build: /etc/snort/etc

config reference_file:      /etc/snort/etc/reference.config
config classification_file: /etc/snort/etc/classification.config
config gen_file:            /etc/snort/etc/gen-msg.map
config sid_file:                /etc/snort/etc/sid-msg.map

	little confused on syntax here

#output alert_fast: stdout
output alert_fast

	and finally,

config hostname: localhost
config interface: eth0
output database: log, mysql user=snort password='hidden' dbname=snort
host=localhost

i am following the howtos, and they are stating, change these. however,
im confused about unified2 output or input syntax.

suggestions?

also, what am i missing you need?
thanks!