[Snort-users] Checking snort rules date and Pulledpork status

Dheeraj Gupta dheeraj.gupta4 at ...11827...
Wed May 30 06:25:53 EDT 2012

Hi,
Is it possible to gather release date from snortrules-snapshot tar file via
standard tools. We use snort for distributed monitoring and need to setup a
central update scheme. I thought about setting up a script that updates
snort-rules (via pulledpork) only if the rule file is newer than the
current ruleset. Alternatively, is there a way by which we can tell the
signature release date of the current snort-signature set loaded into snort?

Also is pulledpork still under active development considering the fact that
the last release (on code homepage) was over a year ago?

Regards,
Dheeraj