[Snort-users] snort cannot start with success part2

Greg Williams alphawebfx at ...11827...
Mon May 28 11:48:05 EDT 2012

Giuseppe, what is your purpose for installing Snort? Is it to actually run
an IDS/IPS? Or just testing installation for a project? Do you have other
things you are running on the server? Typically if you follow the exact
instructions it should work ok.  I suggest that if you are having all these
problems you may want to look at using a prebuilt distribution like
Security Onion or Alien Vault.  They both provide excellent reporting and
snort works almost right out of the box.