[Snort-users] Daemonlogger native package now in OpenWRT trunk!

Robert Vineyard vineyard at ...15653...
Wed May 23 19:14:17 EDT 2012

My patch for building Daemonlogger as a native OpenWRT package has been
accepted into the mainline distribution and committed to trunk.
Pre-built binary packages are now available for all supported
architectures in the nightly snapshots tree.

Unfortunately these packages only work on the latest trunk firmware
builds at the moment, and the 3.2 kernel along with the extra software
included in these builds does not leave enough free JFFS space or usable
RAM to run daemonlogger effectively. I'm trying to convince the
developers to include this in the next stable release of Backfire
(10.03.2) based on the 2.6 kernel, but no luck yet.

For the time being you can still grab my binary package from my GitHub
repository. This one *does* install and run cleanly on the current
stable version of Backfire (10.03.1).

   - Announcement: http://goo.gl/Wy5G8
   - Downloads: https://github.com/vineyard/WRT-SPAN

Cheers,