[Snort-users] problema con acidbase

Nick Moore nmoore at ...1935...
Wed May 9 10:13:34 EDT 2012

Laura,

As best as I can understand, here is what you asked (courtesy of Google
translate):

I'm using snort-2.8.2.2 to acidbase
The first problem here is that acidbase not showing anything that makes
snort ...
The second problem is how to configure snort I can check one or more vlan?

I have it with "var HOME_NET" but show me another range of Ips

1. Please use Snort 2.9.2+. 2.8.x has been deprecated and is no longer
supported.

2. Base is no longer being updated. I would recommend Snort Report.

3. If I understand the "second problem", I would configure your HOME_NET
variable to include more than one network, e.g. var HOME_NET [10.1.1.0/24,
10.2.2.0/24....]

I hope I've answered your questions correctly. No habla Espanol.

Happy Snorting!

Nick

--
Nick Moore, SFCE, CISSP, CISA
Sr. Systems Engineer

    ,,_
   o"  )~   Sourcefire - The Creators of Snort
    ''''

www.sourcefire.com         www.snort.org     www.immunet.com