[Snort-users] Error when installing barnyard2

Borja Luaces borja.luaces at ...11827...
Tue May 8 13:55:30 EDT 2012

Hello everybody,

Here I am back with another question.

I have installed snort in a VM following the debian guide that is at snorts
docs webpage.

The system is a debian netinstall, without anything, just the system.

I follow the snort installation guide without no problem but when I try to
install barnyard2 trying to compile it shows the following error:

checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
'/usr/src/firnsy-barnyard2-
c8e30b8':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use '--host'.
See 'config.log' for more details.

Does anyone had the same problem? How can I solve it?

Once again, thanks for your time and patience with this newbie on snort.

--
Borja Luaces Altares
Administrador/Analista de Sistemas (MCSE Security,C|EH & CSSA)