[Snort-users] How to decide/find gen-id?

Alex Kirk akirk at ...1935...
Mon May 7 08:31:43 EDT 2012

The GID (generator ID) isn't something you should really be specifying
manually. Text rules (as in *.rules within the standard rules directory)
are all GID 1; shared object rules are GID 3; and preprocessor rules are
assigned appropriate GIDs based upon the preprocessor creating them.

--
Alex Kirk
AEGIS Program Lead