[Snort-users] Is it possible to make a rule for maximum connections?[Updated with rule]

Simon Blixt blixten_496 at ...125...
Wed May 2 10:28:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've read the "write rules"-manual and configured to following rule:
drop tcp any any -> 10.10.10.1 80 (msg:"xxx"; flow:established,to_server; detection_filter:track by_src, count 100, seconds 5; sid:1000001;rev1;)

It works kinda like I want it to work, but is it possible to determine for how long it should drop, or "ban", those packets from the src IP?

Thanks in advance,
Blixten