[Snort-users] Fw: can not start snort in inline mode

Ibrahim Almahi eng.ibrahim22 at ...131...
Thu Mar 29 09:27:31 EDT 2012

Dears:

 I have successfully compiled snort 2.9.2.1 together with barnyard2-1.9, snort IDS run successfully, however, when i try to run it in the inline mode using the following command:

/usr/local/snort/bin/snort -D --daq ipq -Q -c /usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -i eth1

It gave me an error like: pcap DAQ does not support inline,  at the time of compilation of daq both ipq and nfq were installed, however, when i list the installed daq modules i did not see them. I googled this error, and tried   more than one solution and did not work. please help me fix this problem.

Thanks
Ibrahim Almahi