[Snort-users] DAQ Mod issue

Michael Altizer maltizer at ...1935...
Wed Mar 21 17:13:50 EDT 2012

 From the DAQ README:
""""""
Also, libdnet is required for IPQ and NFQ DAQs.  If you get a relocation
error
trying to build those DAQs, you may need to reinstall libdnet and
configure it
with something like this:

     ./configure "CFLAGS=-fPIC -g -O2"

You may also experience problems trying to find the dynamic dnet library
because it isn't always named properly.  Try creating a link to the shared
library (identified by its .x or .x.y etc. extension) with the same name but
with ".so" inserted as follows:

     $ ln -s libdnet.1.1 libdnet.so.1.1
     $ ldconfig -Rv /usr/local/lib 2>&1 | grep dnet
       Adding /usr/local/lib/libdnet.so.1.1

Alternatively, you should be able to fix both issues as follows:

     libtoolize --copy --force
     aclocal -I config
     autoheader
     autoconf
     automake --foreign
""""""

Your libdnet was configured and built without -fPIC.