[Snort-users] Building snort on OpenBSD

Chris Eidem ceidem at ...15547...
Thu Mar 15 16:10:59 EDT 2012

I've attempted to build snort-2.9.2.1 on OpenBSD 5.0 and current (soon to be 5.1) and I am unable to get the dynamic objects to build.  I would like to know if anyone has had any luck.  In researching the problem, I've read through the archives and I would like to know a couple of things:

- is there any need to build the libdnet as described in http://vrt-blog.snort.org/2011/01/successfully-building-shared-object.html or can I use the pkg_add version?
- do I need to use gmake instead of the make in OpenBSD?
- what is the status of  --disable-static-daq?  Do I need it or not?

I've attempted to build it with as many permutations as probably possible and I've met with no success.  I can provide more information, but I would like to narrow down the necessary steps in building daq and snort.

Thanks in advance,
- chris

Chris Eidem
Network Analyst
Prime Alliance Solutions, Inc.
http://www.primealliancesolutions.com

This email and any attachments contain confidential and/or legally privileged information intended only for the use of the individual, or individuals, named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not review, use, disclose, distribute, or forward this email. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy any and all copies of the original message.