[Snort-users] Almost 4000 rules cleaned?

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Wed Mar 14 11:45:39 EDT 2012

This was done about a month ago. The balanced policy is now the default.  I
have an entry on the blog about it. Blog.snort.org

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012,  <elof at ...6680...> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I read about your rules cleanup and re-categorization effort and have a
question:

> Is it correct that in the last few days, almost 4000 rules have been
commented out (in 2.9.0) and thereby disabled by default?

> I just want to make sure this is not a misconfiguration in any
rules-management system before taking action and disabling this many rules
in one go.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT