[Snort-users] Cannot Find -lipq error

Chris Standring cstandring at ...15541...
Tue Mar 13 14:46:15 EDT 2012

Good day everyone.
I am in a bit of a bind and hope that someone can help me out.
I am setting up snort on Ubuntu server 11.10.  I have all the prereq's for Snort to be install set except for DAQ.  I can get through configure, however, when I go to "make" the file, it takes off like one would expect, however, after a few moments it stops and spits this all out:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lipq
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [daq_ipq.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/downloads/daq-0.6.2/os-daq-modules'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/downloads/daq-0.6.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have been looking around trying to figure out what I am missing but not having any luck.  Anyone else seen this issue or know how to fix it?
Daq-0.6.2
Libdnet-1.11
Libpcap-1.2.1
Are the versions of the prereq's need if ya wanted to know.

Chris Standring
Network Engineer

Linear Title & Closing
Close Faster. Close More.
127 John Clarke Rd, First Floor
Ocean Technology Plaza
Middletown, Rhode Island 02842
Phone: 401.841.9991
Toll Free: 888.554.6327
Direct Line: 401.239.5212
Cell: 207.939.3593
Web: http://www.lineartitle.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.