[Snort-users] barnyard2 with snort

troxlinux xserverlinux at ...11827...
Thu Mar 8 10:02:43 EST 2012

Hi list, I have a doubt that I want to share with you, I have
installed snort with barnyard2, but proving barnyard2 it does not work

 /usr/local/bin/barnyard2 -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d
/var/log/snort -f snort.log -w /var/log/snort/barnyard.waldo
Running in Continuous mode

        --== Initializing Barnyard2 ==--
Initializing Input Plugins!
Initializing Output Plugins!
Parsing config file "/etc/snort/barnyard2.conf"

when the installation finishes and I tested with traffic ICMP I work
perfect, it watches that snort I record the traffic put and it in
snortreport, but after hours I do not see that it records the alert

any idea ?

I use CentOS 5.7 X64

regardss

--