[Snort-users] off-thread

Ray Caparros arcy24 at ...11827...
Thu Mar 8 07:57:09 EST 2012

You could also try ntop.
www.ntop.org

-Ray

On Mar 8, 2012 6:41 AM, "Mark W. Jeanmougin" <markjx at ...11827...> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 15:43, John York <YorkJ at ...7109...> wrote:
> > A university manager has asked for a something to tell what the
students are doing (in general) on the university network.  How much
Google, Wikipedia, Facebook, Blackboard, etc.  It would be easy to use
Snort to mark the packets, but that would give events instead of bandwidth.
 I've looked at a couple of commercial packet shaping tools, but they don't
allow custom rules.  Any ideas?

> This sounds like something better addressed with squid or a proxy
server...

> MJ

Snort news!