[Snort-users] Connecting to PostgreSQL database from BASE problems...

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Mar 5 23:58:30 EST 2012

I have Apache, Barnyard, PostgreSQL, and BASE installed. I have tried
multiple items and I'm unable to get BASE to connect to the database.

Barnyard has no problems connecting. I've tried using the credentials from
Barnyard on BASE and still I'm unable to get BASE connected.

I've tried all the obvious localhost variations. It all is running on a
local system.

BASE shows: 'Database ERROR:Database connection failed', and there is no
error log being generated in the postgresql/data /pg_log folder.

I can login to the PostgreSQL database from a terminal with the credentials
that I'm using with BASE.

Michael...