[Snort-users] snot processes packets twice?

jorbru30 at ...5068... jorbru30 at ...5068...
Wed Jun 27 15:52:34 EDT 2012

Thank you Ru ss for the tip .

I checked for any bridge but there is none.

mysnort @home:~/pcaps$ brctl show
bridge name bridge id  STP enabled interfaces

I captured pcaps at eth0 and eth1 and each show about 25,000 packets.

I also added a print statement  prior to " ProcessPacket" in snort.c to verify snort is indeed inspecting duplicate packets. My findings is yes, it does inspect about 5 0,000 packets.

I am still trying to figure out why snort checks packets from both interface and how to fix the issue.

I appreciate any help .

Jorda.