[Snort-users] Cannot Find mysqlclient library

Jamie Riden jamie.riden at ...11827...
Tue Jun 26 09:40:18 EDT 2012

Tried the solution here?
http://techinterplay.com/how-to-fix-the-error-unable-to-find-mysqlclient-library-libmysqlclient.html

locate libmysqlclient

see what it says, then something like:

/configure –with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib64/mysql/

cheers,
 Jamie
On 26 June 2012 14:36, Mark Sargent <coolboarderguy at ...11827...> wrote:
> Oops, my cat just tripped up my keyboard and caused the email to be
> sent early ;-) Let me finish off with the full info. Thanks.
>
> Error: unable to find mysqlclient library (libmysqlclient.*)
> checked in the following places
> /usr
> /usr/lib
> /usr/mysql
> /usr/mysql/lib
> /usr/lib/mysql
> /usr/local
> /usr/local/lib
> /usr/local/mysql
> /usr/local/mysql/lib
> /usr/local/lib/mysql
>
> I am running Centos 6.0.2 and have already installed the below
>
> mysql.devel.x86_64
> mysql.x86_64
> mysql.libs.x86_64
>
> I did a find though and libmysqlclient doesn't exist anywhere.
>
> I noticed on the tutorial page I was following it says to install
> "mysqlclient" but a yum search shows no such package. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
> --
>
> "Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may not remember, involve me,
> and I'll understand."

Jamie Riden / jamie at ...2024... / jamie.riden at ...11827...
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jamieriden