[Snort-users] Cannot Find mysqlclient library

Mark Sargent coolboarderguy at ...11827...
Tue Jun 26 09:36:48 EDT 2012

Oops, my cat just tripped up my keyboard and caused the email to be
sent early ;-) Let me finish off with the full info. Thanks.

Error: unable to find mysqlclient library (libmysqlclient.*)
checked in the following places
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/mysql
/usr/mysql/lib
/usr/lib/mysql
/usr/local
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/mysql
/usr/local/mysql/lib
/usr/local/lib/mysql

I am running Centos 6.0.2 and have already installed the below

mysql.devel.x86_64
mysql.x86_64
mysql.libs.x86_64

I did a find though and libmysqlclient doesn't exist anywhere.

I noticed on the tutorial page I was following it says to install
"mysqlclient" but a yum search shows no such package. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

Mark
--

"Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may not remember, involve me,
and I'll understand."