[Snort-users] Is the reputation preprocessor still experimental?

Guillaume Daleux guillaume.daleux at ...13827...
Fri Jun 15 08:53:15 EDT 2012

Hello,

For information, we use it for two months in a preproduction environment
and it works very well. We have only one problem with the react keyword
which works in detection rules but not with reputation rule.

preprocessor reputation: blacklist ip_reputation, scan_local
config react: /usr/local/IDS/snort/snortIPS1/conf/block.html

with rule :

drop ( msg: "REPUTATION_EVENT_BLACKLIST"; sid: 1; gid: 136; rev: 1;
react; )

Thanks you

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...1935...]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:39 PM
To: Miguel Alvarez
Cc: Snort Users
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Is the reputation preprocessor still
experimental?

On Jun 12, 2012, at 2:09 PM, Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 at ...11827...>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was just looking at the README.reputation and it says that it is
> experimental and not to be used in production environments.  Is that
> still the case?
It's still experimental, and there are more improvements to it in the
next version of Snort, however, we need as many people to test it as
possible.

Thanks.

Joel

------
Live Security Virtual Conference
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
malware