[Snort-users] Snort Installation and configuration procedure on Win7

Kadhar Khan a.kaderkhan at ...11827...
Wed Jun 6 11:52:54 EDT 2012

Hi,

Can anyone help me how to install and configure the snort on win7 or centos
6.2 O/S, step by step Guide.

I have got the PDF form google, I configure as mentioned the document, but
am unable to receive any  logs on kiwi syslog server.

The test message appear, which indicates Kiwi is working while clicking
(CTRL-T)

1.       On sonrt conf file I have mentioned :  "output alert_syslog:
127.0.0.1:514,  LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT" but no use

2.       Unable to open the ActivePerl  "Update Snort Rules.pl" on desktop,
While double click its flicker and disappears automatically.

Thanks

Kadhar Khan