[Snort-users] Using afpacket in IDS mode - HELP PLEASE

Michael Altizer maltizer at ...1935...
Mon Jun 4 13:27:25 EDT 2012

On a modern Linux distribution?  No, not really, since the AFPacket DAQ
code is very (-very-) similar to the MMAPed ring code that LibPCAP uses
by default on that platform without some of the additional overhead and
with a bit better configuration opportunity.