[Snort-users] error message

Giuseppe Triolo fastfouriertransform at ...125...
Sun Jun 3 02:19:39 EDT 2012

Hi all i have reinstalled snort 6 times.
here is attached  a file in testsnort.txt in .txt format my latest problem!
the error message i receive from terminal is:
 ERROR: Unable to open rules file "/etc/snort//etc/snort/rules/etc/snort/rules/local.rules": No such file or directory.
I cannot understand why?
In the snort.conf file i have setted up correctly the path where local.rules is.
i have 3 snort.conf files in my system 1 is in /etc/snort the 2nd is in  /usr/src/snorttemp/etc the 3rth is in/usr/src/snorttemp/snort-2.9.2.3/etc.
I have edited only the snort.conf  that is inside /etc/snort
the command snort -v works well i have done the database schemas and all other things corrctly.
how can i change snort to point in a directory different from /etc/snort//etc/snort/rules/etc/snort/rules/
i wish snort points in /etc/snort/rules   HERE is where resides the file local.rules instead of
/etc/snort//etc/snort/rules/etc/snort/rules/ where snort points now .
Please help i have to do an exam with snort.