[Snort-users] How to decide which rules should be enabled.

Tony Robinson trobinson at ...1935...
Wed Jul 18 09:53:04 EDT 2012

Realized I made some typos on my example rule.

it should be alert icmp any any any any (message:"[your message]";
sid:[your sid number]; rev:[rev. number];)

- there should be four any statements in the rule header, message argument
is usually in quotes, and each argument in the rule body must have a
semicolon after it.

... guess my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Cheers,

-Tony