[Snort-users] Snort/Barnyard2 performance with remote DB

Jan Seidl lists at ...15522...
Mon Feb 27 14:33:26 EST 2012

Yes, Martin is right.

Even if you get some clog in mysql or the network, barnyard2 will ship
all the results as the unified2 files will be written and wont be
lost.

If you still want to have near real-time mysql archiving due the use
of snorby or BASE, you might want to fine tune your setup.

BTW, i forgot to mention this article which covers others mysql
benchmarking tools:
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/MySQL-Benchmarking-Tools-and-Utilities