[Snort-users] snort

Nick Moore nmoore at ...1935...
Tue Feb 14 07:49:37 EST 2012

Jagan,

My guess is that your snort.conf file contains a reference to
log/merged.log. Since the "/" is used in linux/unix systems and the "\" is
used in Windows, you should find that reference in snort.conf and edit it
to match the proper file name and path on your system.

Also, please consider moving to linux/unix. Shared object rules are not
available for Windows and this leaves you unprotected against a number of
threats.

If you need more specific help, please also consider attaching your
snort.conf file to these requests. It will likely speed up response time
and give those that would help more information.

Happy Snorting,

Nick

--
Nick Moore, SFCE, CISSP, CISA
Sr. Systems Engineer

    ,,_
   o"  )~   Sourcefire - The Creators of Snort
    ''''

www.sourcefire.com         www.snort.org     www.immunet.com