[Snort-users] SSL and Snort

PS packetstack at ...11827...
Mon Feb 6 13:53:58 EST 2012

Do you have personal experience with viewssld?

I would like to do this for connections that are made out to the internet. Since I do not have the private keys for the public web servers, I will be using a proxy server (squid) with its ssl-bump feature to perform the sslmitm. From looking at the config file of viewssld, it looks like I will have to provide a certificate for each website that I would like to monitor. Is that how sslmitm is usually performed?

Do you know if many companies have sslmitm for internet connections, or is it primarily used for reverse proxy implementations?

Thank you!