[Snort-users] Where Is libprelude?

Jonathan S. Abrams jonathansabrams at ...11827...
Fri Feb 3 15:54:58 EST 2012

Hello,

I am in the process of installing Snort (and the prerequisites) on OS X
Server v10.6.8.  While installing libdnet, I encountered the following
error.

configure.in:424: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_LIBPRELUDE
      See the Autoconf documentation.

It appears that OS X Server v10.6.8 does not include libprelude by
default.  When I go to
http://www.prelude-technologies.com/en/development/download/index.html to
download libprelude, the page says "You can find Prelude OSS packages on
most Linux distribution (Mandriva, Debian, Red Hat, etc.)* Prelude OSS
source code will be back on this site later."*

I am not using a Linux distribution.  Where does an OS X user get
libprelude?

Thanks for reading!