[Snort-users] cannot authenticate to MSSQL database from BASE

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Fri Feb 3 10:32:10 EST 2012

No, the guide does not tell you to place the 'test.php' in 'wwwroot/base'
folder, and test. Testing PHP happens way before the base folder is created.

If the 'test.php'  file from the winsnort software pack successfully
executes in the 'wwwroot/base' folder, and after executing the 'testing.php'
file in that same folder only displays text, then the problem with the
'testing.php' file.

Text editors can do some strange things with text files. Just because a .php
extension is placed on a file, PHP may not see it as a legitimate .php file.
Varied results could happen, like text being displayed.

With WordPad, how a file is loaded, is how its saved back. The reason why
the guide specifically tells the installer to right click the file and load,
is to make sure the file keeps its attributes intact when its saved back.

Kindest regards,

Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member

--

*          Visit Us @  <http://www.winsnort.com> http://www.winsnort.com
*

*      ~~ FREE WinIDS Snort installation guides ~~      *

*               ~~ FREE support forums ~~               *

* Snort: Open Source Network IDS -  <http://www.snort.org>
http://www.snort.org *