[Snort-users] snort.conf issues

eric erict70445 at ...11827...
Tue Dec 25 16:17:45 EST 2012

Thanks for the reply, I currently have HOME_NET set to 192.168.1.0/24 and
my EXTERNAL_NET is set to $HOME_NET..
I have also tried setting home net to .2.0/24 as I am the admin for two
home networks. One is a Belkin and the other a Netgear. My test of the
configuration file has shown a few issues that I was able to overcome with
my own knowledge and simply reading the configuration file instructions. I
have also looked over all the readme files and have seen nothing pertaining
to my issue. This has me stumped. I have read many how-to's and such and
found that for a basic install without the need for logging to a database,
all I needed was pcap and snort. Thank you for your help.