[Snort-users] Rules commented

Juan Camilo Valencia juan.valencia at ...16028...
Fri Dec 21 10:02:53 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I have snort integrated with another security product that basically parse
the alerts sent by snort and take action over the node. I have been
reviewing the snort rules and I have seen that there are a lot of rules
commented, after that I have a simple of questions:

What is the reason because there are a lot of rules commented ?, will we
have problems if I uncomment all the rules?.
What is the best way to begin  activate this rules?

Thanks for your advance,
Best regards,

P.D: Maybe this question was resolve long time ago, and I just didn't
search correctly.

--
JUAN CAMILO VALENCIA VARGAS
Ingeniero de Operaciones

*“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”
*