[Snort-users] Unified snort logs to text?

Steve Marotta smarotta at ...16014...
Mon Dec 17 15:30:10 EST 2012

Is there a way to use Barnyard to simply take the unified logs that Snort produces in NIDS mode and turn them into text files? I see that Barnyard reads the data into a database; I don't need all of that, just something to generate a text file with a list of high-level network events.

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.