[Snort-users] problem running snort 2.9.4 against a bridge interface (br0)

Tony Robinson deusexmachina667 at ...11827...
Sat Dec 15 11:49:51 EST 2012

I've narrowed down the problem. It seems that this problem only occurs when
I specify the -D command option to Daemonize snort.

running snort against br0 as root or the snort user using my snort.conf
works perfectly fine, but the moment I go to daemonize it, it doesn't want
to fork a child process for snort.

--
when does reality end? when does fantasy begin?