[Snort-users] Snort Error undefined symbol: pcap_lex_destroy

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Wed Dec 12 12:12:53 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan <
bala150985 at ...11827...> wrote:

> I start snort with the following command when I am starting to get the
> following error of undefined symbol: pcap_lex_destroy
>
> snort -i eth1 -c /etc/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort -u snort -d
>

> 111 out of 512 flowbits in use.
> Initializing Network Interface eth1
> OpenPcap() device eth1 network lookup: eth1: no IPv4 address assigned.
> snort: symbol lookup error: snort: undefined symbol: pcap_lex_destroy

Are you still getting this undefined symbol?  That is unused cruft.  What
version of Snort are you running?  When did you start getting this error?