[Snort-users] letdown, dos attempt not detecting

Leonardo Pezente lmpezente at ...11827...
Tue Dec 11 12:40:59 EST 2012

its really works, thanks. here is the rule:

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"DOS syn attempt";
flags:S; flow:to_server; classtype:attempted-dos; detection_filter: track
by_src, count 1000, seconds 40; sid:1000024;)

the only think is: i cant see the msg on BASE GUI, and this is a really
interesting thing.