[Snort-users] MySQL support for Snort 2.9.4

Kaya Saman kayasaman at ...11827...
Mon Dec 10 19:54:59 EST 2012

On 12/11/2012 12:47 AM, Jeremy Hoel wrote:
> Database support has been removed from snort.  Use the unified2 output
> and Barnyard2 to put data into a databse.

Thanks for the information!

Does this also include version 2.9.3.1? The snort.conf still includes
the database option..... though running with the option engaged doesn't
work.

The reason why am asking about the older version in addition is because
the obtainable rules are for that and not the later 2.9.4 which one
would need subscription for.

I guess I will have to look at building Barnyard2 and figuring out how
they integrate. It's a bit of a shame as it makes setup and running
easier (at least for a beginner like me) :-)

Regards,

Kaya