[Snort-users] Snort.conf 2.9.4

Amm Snort ammdispose-snort at ...131...
Tue Dec 4 20:58:44 EST 2012

From: Michael Steele <michaels at ...9077...>

http://labs.snort.org/snort/2940/snort.conf

I also have similar question.

Is the snort.conf in the above link VRT specific snort.conf or those using ET can use it too.

Mostly differences are addition of new ports in directives.

Also why is version mentioned as 2.9.4.0 in snort.conf?
but snort download page and tarball it is versioned as 2.9.4?

I think it should be in fixed format of 4 decimal places.

Regards,

AMM.