[Snort-users] Snort.conf 2.9.4

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Tue Dec 4 17:36:01 EST 2012

The link is not correct, and should be:
http://labs.snort.org/snort/2940/snort.conf

I'm still rather confused. Is that the correct configuration for 2.9.4. Do I
need to ask the question; "Is the output database option been put back in";
because the snort.conf attached to the above link contains:

# database

# output database: alert, <db_type>, user=<username> password=<password>
test dbname=<name> host=<hostname>

# output database: log, <db_type>, user=<username> password=<password> test
dbname=<name> host=<hostname>

Is it possible someone from the Sourcefire team can fix the link and attach
a corrected snort.conf for 2.9.4 in the link above.

Also, matching the snort.conf from the 2.9.4 tarball and the snort.conf from
the above 2.9.4 link, shows a multitude of differences.

Is Sourcefire actually distributing the source and executables with updated
configuration files, makes me wonder.

Michael...