[Snort-users] snort report no data.

TermVRL M termvrl at ...11827...
Sat Dec 1 04:13:21 EST 2012

Hi all,

i have done what you have suggest,

1) i able to get "Commencing packet processing" on my snort.
2) when i run tcpdump, i can see the traffic in my LAN from my eth0, which
is my sniffing port.
3) in my snort.conf, i already put "output unified2: filename snort.u2,
limit 128".
4) i check on /var/log/snort/ , i manage to find that, the file "
snort.u2.xxxxxx" were created.

Attach is my printscreen for my snort ids. Thanks.