[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.3.1, Barnyard2 2.9.1 and Mysql issue

Eric Biederman Eric.Biederman at ...15792...
Thu Aug 30 13:24:04 EDT 2012

I am having a problem where when I try to start my Barnyard2 system I am getting notified that my version of snort was not configured with mysql support and to recompile with this support. My understanding is that Snort 2.9.3.1 no longer handles mysql and leaves it to 3rd parties to deal with.
My snort install runs fine to logs and I can start Barnyard without the mysql call with no apparent problems but once I add the mysql output back into my barnyard.conf file I am unable to start it

CentOS6.2
Snort-2.9.3.1
BarnYard2 - 2.1.9

This is my first pass at implementing this configuration to replace a windows based snort and MSSQL system.  I missing something easy?

Thank you
Eric

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message contains confidential
information and is intended only for the individual named. If you
are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.