[Snort-users] Snort + PF_RING + DAQ

Eric Luellen eluellen at ...15707...
Thu Aug 30 09:59:54 EDT 2012

As a quick follow up to this, one of the primary errors I'm running into is when doing "./configure" under the /tmp/PF_RING-5.4.5/userland/snort/pfring-daq-module directory. The error I continue to get is:

checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: in `/tmp/PF_RING-5.4.5/userland/snort/pfring-daq-module':
See `config.log' for more details.

I have gcc and gcc-c++ installed on the CentOS box, so I'm not sure why it can't create the executables.

From: Eric Luellen [mailto:eluellen at ...15707...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:12 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort + PF_RING + DAQ

Hello,

I've been playing around with PR_RING lately on Snort and haven't had a whole lot of luck. I've followed the instructures found here<http://www.snort.org/assets/186/PF_RING_Snort_Inline_Instructions.pdf> with minimal success. I've ran into various compile errors and it always seems to be around the pfring-daq-module. Are there any prebuilt RPMs or updated instructions using the latest version of all of the programs in question? I've tried a few combinations and have read how some of the older DAQ versions are no longer supported and others have had issues with the newer version. So any help or links to new guides would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

--

 The sender of this email subscribes to Perimeter E-Security's email

 anti-virus service. This email has been scanned for malicious code and is

 believed to be virus free. For more information on email security please

 visit: http://www.perimeterusa.com/services/messaging

 This communication is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)

 above and may contain trade secrets or other information that is exempt from

 disclosure under applicable law. Any use, dissemination, distribution or

 copying of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is

 strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please

 delete the email and immediately notify our Command Center at 203-541-3444.