[Snort-users] Email

Greg Williams alphawebfx at ...11827...
Wed Aug 29 19:51:31 EDT 2012

If it were me, I would not do a db search, the database is already
processing stuff.  I would have scripts on all your sensors, monitor the
alert log, and clean the alert log every 5 minutes when the grep is
complete. Saves processing power by only searching the last 5 minutes
instead of the entire db.