[Snort-users] Compiling Barnyard2 Win-32 - Scripted Compiling added

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Tue Aug 28 18:23:34 EDT 2012

WinSnort.com released a guided install to manually compile Barnyard2 on
Windows using Cygwin (a Unix-like environment and command-line interface for
compiling under Microsoft Windows) a few days ago. The guided install can be
found under the companion documents section on WinSnort.com.

I'm not real sure why anyone might want to compile their own version of
Barnyard2 on Windows, especially seeing a fully compiled version of
Barnyard2 for Windows is already available for each of the guided installs
on WinSnort.com.

A lot of traffic to the site is for educational purposes, and that's why the
guides are geared towards manually installing everything.

With that said; I don't believe there is going to be a whole lot of interest
in manually compiling Barnyard2 for Windows. I went ahead and added a script
that will automate the complete process. Start the script and go to lunch as
it takes about an hour to complete. The automated procedure has been
included in guided Install for "Compiling Barnyard2 on Windows using Cygwin"
found in the "Companion Documents" section of the website, and the scripts
are included in the 'Barnyard2 Software Development Pack' found in the
download section of the website.

One of the benefits of manually installing Barnyard2 will give the installer
a short lesson in some of the UNIX processes.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management
--