[Snort-users] Pulled Pork

Nicholas Horton fivetenets at ...14399...
Tue Aug 28 13:40:26 EDT 2012

Got it. Thanks.

Yes all of our field systems would be identical except for their IP subnet. No customization needed. One standard that would apply to all field boxes minus the unique subnet.

Assuming I have this master set of config files (listed below) that I want to push out to 200 snortboxes would I be better to use RSYNC or build RPMs or something else?

I would need to adjust only a few values in the conf files where I'm suppressing, etc based on a specific host. Each snortbox site although the same equipment and rules would have its own unique ip subnet.

For example (made up):
Site 1 is 62.34.55.0/24
Site 2 is 62.17.45.0/24

For example let's say I have a stream5 value in snort.conf binding to a specific ip. At another site that same line applies but the subnet is different and needs to be replaced with that different site's subnet.

Thanks again JJC,
Nick