[Snort-users] snort classification Question

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at ...11827...
Sat Aug 25 02:03:30 EDT 2012

The answer is:  It Depends.

You have to look at the specific rules to see what the alert was for.

You see this, rigth?

http://manual.snort.org/node31.html#SECTION00446000000000000000

You see how in the rule it says "classtype"?  The rule author puts that there.

You *have* to look at the rule to see why the classtype applies to the
rule.  In fact...sometimes the classtype may be wrong.  You don't know
until and unless you see the rule itself.

Once again, you have to narrow down your question.

--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0