[Snort-users] snort classification Question

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Sat Aug 25 02:00:43 EDT 2012

The descriptions you are looking for are the rules themselves, they
define what is being described and the author chose to gave it
whatever classification he/she did based on the what the rule hits.

There's nothing else then that.  There's no other documentation that
hasn't been given.

Look at a rule, see what it does, does the classification make sense
for that rule.. probably yes.  Any rule you write, you can pick the
classification you want, but it would be nice if it was close to the
ones that already exist.

For a 'non standard protocol' rules, it's probably a rule that
triggers off someone that isn't standard for the given protocol. IF
you want more specifics you need to provide the SIDs for the rules
that you don't understand.

There's nothing else to share.. that's it.