[Snort-users] R: SNORT (snortsam) integration with Checkpoint NGX R65 - [[]]

Chiesa Stefano Stefano.Chiesa at ...15753...
Wed Aug 22 02:08:48 EDT 2012

Thanks again Joel for the info.

As a Sourcefire manager can you suggest me a solution or address me to a place where I can start?

Thanks.
Stefano.

________________________________

Da: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...1935...]
Inviato: lunedì 20 agosto 2012 15.37
A: Chiesa Stefano
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Oggetto: Re: [Snort-users] SNORT (snortsam) integration with Checkpoint NGX R65 - [[]]

On Aug 20, 2012, at 3:40 AM, Chiesa Stefano <Stefano.Chiesa at ...15753...> wrote:

	I know, Sourcefire has been bought by CP years ago and probably their
	new IDS is based on snort code...

This doesn't answer your question but, Sourcefire was NOT bought by Checkpoint.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11382

Sourcefire is a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ.

Checkpoint bought NFR Security, and Checkpoint's new IPS is based on (or is) NFR's code.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT