[Snort-users] snort classification Question

mohamad hosein jafari smhjafari68 at ...11827...
Tue Aug 21 15:16:47 EDT 2012

> You'd have to look in the rules themselves for what rules use this
> classification.  For instance, non-standard-protocol, actually only has one
> rule that uses it.

The classifications are assigned by the VRT member who writes the rule, and
> then when it's published it's reviewed to see if that makes sense.

yes I want the things that you said . But where can I find this? In other
words where rule writers put their classification's explain on?
Also I want some explain about ALL snort alerts consist : Type
, mechanism , effect And its resource .

I have these two question . And I want reference for these. Can you help me?

Thanks