[Snort-users] snort classification Question

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue Aug 21 14:54:28 EDT 2012

You'd have to look in the rules themselves for what rules use this classification.  For instance, non-standard-protocol, actually only has one rule that uses it.

The classifications are assigned by the VRT member who writes the rule, and then when it's published it's reviewed to see if that makes sense.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT